Stacking down, stacking up? So that no questions remain unanswered, we have summarized once the most important information:
1. What is the scope of delivery of the Stacking Bed?
Unlike most of the pictures of the Stacking Bed to see, the scope of delivery consists only of a bed frame. Slatted frame and mattress are not included.
2. What is the delivery condition of the Stacking Bed?
The Stacking Bed is delivered disassembled and must be mounted on site; An appropriate assembly instruction as well as all necessary fittings and tools are enclosed with the delivery.
3. Foreign slatted frames / milling out of our slatted frames?
With our slatted frames, we make sure that there is a small cutout on the head and foot. This is necessary to insert the slatted frame into the Stacking Bed. Without this cutout the slatted frame can collide with the screws of the angles in the inside and can not be inserted correctly then.
Unfortunately, we can therefore not guarantee the accuracy of fit for foreign slatted frames.
4. What material is the Stacking Bed?
The production is made of 9-ply laminated wood; the material thickness is 15 mm.
An explanation of our CPL coating can be found in our blog.
5. Which slatted frames and mattresses do we recommend?
We have already made a suitable selection for you under each Stacking Bed. Just scroll on the respective Stacking Bed detail page to the bottom of the page.
6. Which slatted frame heights and which mattress heights are suitable?
Classic: Rollable frame + 140 mm high mattress or solid frame + 100 mm high mattress
Comfort: Rollable frame + 180 mm high mattress or solid frame + 140 mm high mattress
Please also note our FAQ "Space between two Stacking Beds".
7. What exactly distinguishes comfort height and class height?
The difference is exactly 40 mm. The comfort height is 40 mm higher than the classic variant. Stacked results in a difference of 80 mm.
Classic 235 mm Classic 400 mm
Comfort 275 mm Comfort 480 mm
8. What weighs the Stacking Bed Classic / Comfort?
The frame itself weighs (depending on the version) between 17-19 kg; including slatted frame and mattress weighs about 39 kg
9. How wide is the Stacking Bed as a double bed / next to each other?
Of course, the external dimensions of the Stacking Bed result from the selected width. Basically, the external dimension is +30 mm in length and width.
At 900x2000 mm corresponding to 930x2030 mm.
In a double bed consisting of 2x 900x2000 mm Stacking Beds that would be corresponding 1860x2030 mm external dimensions.
10. Can you stack comfort height and normal height together?
Yes this is not a problem. Classic and comfort height can be stacked on top of each other.
However, it should then be noted that the juxtapose of the two variants creates a height difference of 40 mm.
11. How many Stacking Beds can you stack on top of each other?
We recommend not to exceed a stack height of 10 beds.
12. What external dimensions and internal dimensions does the Stacking Bed have?
The interior dimensions are reflected in the lying area. The external dimensions are +30 mm further than the lying area. See also point 9.
13. Maximum load / weight of the Stacking bed?
The maximum load on the Stacking Bed depends decisively on the selected slatted frame.
14. Is it possible to use the Stacking Bed individually?
Yes, the Stacking Bed can also be used individually. This way the Stacking Bed becomes a kind of futon bed.
15. Is this Stacking Bed the original?
Yes, this Stacked Bed is the original by Rolf Heide. The design of the well-known designer dates back to the year 1966.
16. What space is created between the mattresses when two Stacking Beds are next to each other?
The space between two mattresses is exactly 30 mm.
17. Can you stack the Stacking Bed alone?
We recommend that you always stack and unstack with two people.
18. Can you attach the Flai add-ons to the Stacking Bed?
No, unfortunately, the Flai add-ons do not fit the Stacking bed. This is due to the different material thickness of the two products. The Flai Bed has a material thickness of 18 mm, the Stacking Bed 15 mm.
19. How much storage space is under the Stacking Bed?
The distance between the floor and the deck is 100 mm for the Classic version and 130 mm for the Comfort version.
20. Why is the bed particularly beneficial for children's rooms?
The stacking function of the bed makes it easy to turn one bed into two beds. So one of the two beds can be transformed in no time at a guest bed.
21. Where can I find spare parts and screw sets?
Screw sets can be found here.
For other spare parts, please contact Ms. Uhlendorf. She is responsible for spare parts and complaints.
04453 98 23 44
22. How do I avoid different lying heights in different configurations?
Please note our FAQ "Space between two Stacking Beds".